The purpose of the SSHS Environmental Club is to
- Lead SSHS in the effort to remove all recyclable waste from trash and transport to places where it will be recycled or reused.
- Raise awareness in student body about sustainable practices.
- Propose ways that the school system can choose actions that will create more sustainable practices.
- Promote local businesses, farms, and entrepreneurs to keep our money in or near Stokes County and reduce fossil fuels to transport items to Stokes County.
- Support people and organizations working to improve sustainable practices.